So everyone always says that their wedding day is the best day of their life and that being married is so much better than being single. Yeah yeah yeah is what ran through my mind every time I heard this. Then I got married and realized it's all true. The day was perfect, not rushed, crazy, or stressful at all. The honeymoon was a whole lot of beautiful Belize, and Provo, UT homelife is actually quite wonderful. I'm having fun cooking and decorating which are both becoming two of my new favorite things. Speaking of new things... I love to try new things. I don't think you should ever be afraid to try something new. I've tried a lot of new things since I've been married which have resulted in a disastrous kitchen, a semi reupholstered chair, and a UTI. One of my new things is this blog and I'm not sure what to do with it, but I'll make sure to document some of my adventures. Stay tuned.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

DIY TV Stand

My extremely hot but not so furniture savvy husband is obsessed with this ugly corner coffee table he had in the house before I moved in and took over.  My plan was to be sneaky and sell it while he was in Joplin, MO helping the tornado victims.  Before he left he threatened me with my life if the coffee table was not in the house when he got back.  There for I moved it to the garage, because the garage is still considered the house, right?  It was a very useful drawer stand while working on the project below.  I got this dresser/ TV stand at a garage sale for $35.  I'm thinking I should have bargained down from that considering the base is in bad shape as you can see below, but other than that it was in good condition.  I forgot to take a before pick, which totally sucks because that's what makes these things so great.   It pretty much was your basic medium brown stained wood to begin with.  And the sanding begins...

And then the priming, painting, and glazing... (but look at my cute wallpaper in the background. Thank you Beth Skidmore)
So I spent more on these cute knobs from anthropology then on the whole TV stand, but totally worth it!

4 comments:

  1. Even better in person! This piece is so nice! I'm totally impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the knobs! They are the most darling things ever. Also I love how crafty you are, always refinishing things. Additionally I am obsessed with your wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome- love the shade of blue you chose! I bought a dresser and nightstand at a garage sale for my girls room a few months ago and haven't done anything to it yet but your blog has motivated me to get going! Super cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The knobs are unique. It will be more unique if this clock will run. This T V cabinet is really cute.

    Corner TV Stands Online

    ReplyDelete