So everyone always says that their wedding day is the best day of their life and that being married is so much better than being single. Yeah yeah yeah is what ran through my mind every time I heard this. Then I got married and realized it's all true. The day was perfect, not rushed, crazy, or stressful at all. The honeymoon was a whole lot of beautiful Belize, and Provo, UT homelife is actually quite wonderful. I'm having fun cooking and decorating which are both becoming two of my new favorite things. Speaking of new things... I love to try new things. I don't think you should ever be afraid to try something new. I've tried a lot of new things since I've been married which have resulted in a disastrous kitchen, a semi reupholstered chair, and a UTI. One of my new things is this blog and I'm not sure what to do with it, but I'll make sure to document some of my adventures. Stay tuned.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Another home adventure!  I promise I do more than just decorate my house.  Okay maybe that's a lie.  At this point in my life I feel like it's all I do, but I like it!  So, I found this little number at the DI for $10 bucks.  I loved the metal pieces and detailing on the legs and thought it would be a perfect coffee table for my living room.

I painted it the color of cement using a brush.
Husband comment: "I don't get it.  Wood isn't supposed to be gray."

I glazed it with a black glaze and when I wiped the glaze off it started pulling the paint off in places.  Remember how I mentioned I don't know what I'm doing.  Well let's pause for a moment to do a quick Q&A. 
Q: Christy did you sand your piece before you started? 
A: Nope 
Q: Christy did you prime your table before you painted it? 
A: Sure didn't 
 Although it doesn't look pretty in the garage I ended up loving this piece.  I love the shabby chic look I ended up with as a result of doing it all wrong. :)  I'll have to take a pick of it in my living room so you can see how cute it actually is.  Best of all I think my husband actually likes it!


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! Yay for home projects! I love Trent's comment about your slut chair and really love your coffee table.

    ReplyDelete