So everyone always says that their wedding day is the best day of their life and that being married is so much better than being single. Yeah yeah yeah is what ran through my mind every time I heard this. Then I got married and realized it's all true. The day was perfect, not rushed, crazy, or stressful at all. The honeymoon was a whole lot of beautiful Belize, and Provo, UT homelife is actually quite wonderful. I'm having fun cooking and decorating which are both becoming two of my new favorite things. Speaking of new things... I love to try new things. I don't think you should ever be afraid to try something new. I've tried a lot of new things since I've been married which have resulted in a disastrous kitchen, a semi reupholstered chair, and a UTI. One of my new things is this blog and I'm not sure what to do with it, but I'll make sure to document some of my adventures. Stay tuned.

Friday, May 13, 2011

So when I started blogging I was so intrigued by all these women who are so crafty and good at decorating their cute homes!  I moved into a beautiful house with absolutely no decor.  I needed a place to start.  I read some blogs for inspiration and headed to the DI.  I found this chair for $25 and thought to myself, I definitely don't think I can do this, but I sure am going to try.  After 4 trips to Hobby Lobby, 10 hours, and a lot of frustration I managed a decent re upholstery job.  I'll do better next time I promise.  I just made it up as I went along so I would look at a more experienced blog if you want to try this for yourself, but here goes....
First I sprayed the wood legs white...

 Proof of Purchase...

Tearing off the ugly blue fabric...


Gizmo already loves this chair!

I started from the bottom up, because.... I have no idea why. That's just the way I did it.

The arms were a b-word to figure out.  I finally managed a pretty cool twisty thing.

Why did I pick the curvy chair for my first project?  Almost gave up at this point, but pushed through.

Hallefrickenlujah... the chair is reupholstered
 What do I do about this?  Hobby Lobby here I come...
 Black lace is what I do with that!
 Husband finished product comment: "Oh it's your slut chair."
(explanation- i guess the black lace turned it into a slut chair-so funny!)
Of course Gizmo loves this white chair and has already gotten dirt all over one of the arms.  Now there's a blue Utah jazz blanket permanently draped over the seat and arms which ruins any attempt at decorating this room.  I need to find a cute throw to go there instead.  Dang Gizmo!


6 comments:

  1. hehe... i love you so much & i think your first attempt at reupholstering was a total success. another idea for the black lace seam could be gold button tacks or something... but i think it should forever remain the slut chair. bahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way... welcome to the blog world, my dear. so glad to have you here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "So everyone always says that their wedding day is the best day of their life and that being married is so much better than being single. Yeah yeah yeah is what ran through my mind every time I heard this. Then I got married and realized it's all true." - I 100% SECOND THAT! That's exactly how I felt and what happened to me haha! Isn't it just the best surprise life ended up offering?

    Cute blog girly! You totally got this ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ya... totally love the slut chair! You go Chris you little homemaker you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that chair looked hard to do! Wow I'm impressed! I'm sure your house will be gorgeous :) So glad that you have a blog now :)

    ReplyDelete