So everyone always says that their wedding day is the best day of their life and that being married is so much better than being single. Yeah yeah yeah is what ran through my mind every time I heard this. Then I got married and realized it's all true. The day was perfect, not rushed, crazy, or stressful at all. The honeymoon was a whole lot of beautiful Belize, and Provo, UT homelife is actually quite wonderful. I'm having fun cooking and decorating which are both becoming two of my new favorite things. Speaking of new things... I love to try new things. I don't think you should ever be afraid to try something new. I've tried a lot of new things since I've been married which have resulted in a disastrous kitchen, a semi reupholstered chair, and a UTI. One of my new things is this blog and I'm not sure what to do with it, but I'll make sure to document some of my adventures. Stay tuned.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dining Room chairs from Blah to Beautimous!


I've been slacking on the home adventures because of everything that is going on in my life right now.  I pretty much work 3 jobs and don't have a free second to do anything let alone re-upholster 7 dining room chairs, BUT i made it happen last night.  It was my Monday night football project.  Clarification, the project I do on Monday night while my husband flips back and forth between 5 different football games.  I've been wanting to do this for the last 5 months I've lived in this house, so I'm so excited it's done.  I bought way to much fabric which I am now thankful for. If anyone spills on the new seats or if I get sick of the fabric I'll just switch it up.  All I did was cut out a piece about the shape of the chair and hot glue gunned my way to some pretty cute dining room chairs.  They ended up perfectly mismatched and I only burned myself 5 times.  Whoopi!


3 comments: